Whether after a stressful day or an intense yoga practice, it’s important to find time for rest and relaxation. Corpse Pose (Savasana) is the perfect way to soothe your body, mind and soul – helping you sleep more soundly while preventing injury at the same time!
Give yourself a few calming rounds of this quintessential pose before bedtime every night; allow it to be your gateway into peaceful slumber.
Corpse Pose, also known as Savasana, is a relaxation pose that helps to calm the mind and body. Here’s how to perform this pose:
- Lie down on your back with your arms by your sides and your palms facing up.
- Spread your fingers and toes, allowing your entire body to relax.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths, focusing on the sensation of the breath moving in and out of your body.
- As you exhale, release any tension or stress in your body, allowing yourself to sink deeper into the ground.
- Hold the pose for as long as you like, continuing to focus on your breath and allowing your body and mind to relax.
Corpse Pose can be a challenge to master, especially if you are new. If the tension of your feet and legs is throwing off your relaxation, use something like a blanket or bolster for extra comfort while practicing.
Alternatively, you could add some peaceful music into the environment to make it even easier to reach that zen-like state! Don’t forget – ultimately only listen to what works best for YOUR body so stay in tune with any adjustments needed as part of this mindful journey towards inner peace.
The corpse pose is a great way to relieve stress and tension in your hips, lower back, and head. For added comfort while lying down during the pose, use an easily-adjustable bolster under your knees.
You can also substitute with a rolled up blanket or yoga strap if needed. All ages are welcome to modify this accessible yet powerful postural exercise which will not only help boost happiness levels but promote slow breathing for improved circulation too!